As reported in my earlier posts (Waste Carrier, Broker and Dealer registration renewals due after 25 March 2018, UPDATE: Waste Carrier, Broker and Dealer registration renewals due after 25 March 2018 & RPS 208: Waste Carrier, Broker and Dealer Registration renewals due after 25 March 2018), the Environment Agency’s current online registration system for Waste Carriers, Brokers and Dealers does not allow customers who are required to register since March 2015 to renew online.
The Environment Agency is upgrading this system, so customers can renew online, but it may not be ready until September 2018.
Accordingly, the expiry of the Agency’s Regulatory Position Statement (RPS) 208 has been extended until the end of September 2018.
If you need to renew your registration after 25 March 2018 and before September 2018, the Environment Agency will:
- Tell you what you need to do if the extension applies to you when they send you your renewals reminder
- Extend your current registration at no extra cost – you will not need to renew until the upgraded online registration system is ready
- Extend the registrations of affected customers in stages until the upgraded online registration system is ready
- Put a notice on the renewals page of the online registration system telling those affected about the automatic extension
- Make sure your business is still registered and visible on the public register during the extension period.
The Environment Agency will not take enforcement action against you if you do not register during the extension period you have been given.
They will take enforcement action against you if you do not register after your extension period.
A copy of the Waste carrier, broker and dealer registration renewals due after 25 March 2018: RPS 208 can be viewed here