As reported in two earlier post (Waste Carrier, Broker and Dealer registration renewals due after 25 March 2018 & UPDATE: Waste Carrier, Broker and Dealer registration renewals due after 25 March 2018), the Environment Agency’s current online registration system for Waste Carriers, Brokers and Dealers does not allow customers who have registered since March 2015 to renew online.
The Environment Agency is upgrading this system, so customers can renew online, but it may not be ready until August 2018.
Accordingly, the expiry of the Agency’s Regulatory Position Statement (RPS) 208 has been extended until August 2018.
If you need to renew your registration after 25 March 2018 and before August 2018, the Environment Agency will:
- Tell you what you need to do if the extension applies to you when they send you your renewals reminder
- Extend your current registration at no extra cost – you will not need to renew until the upgraded online registration system is ready
- Extend the registrations of affected customers in stages until the upgraded online registration system is ready
- Put a notice on the renewals page of the online registration system telling those affected about the automatic extension
- Make sure your business is still registered and visible on the public register during the extension period.
The Environment Agency will not take enforcement action against you if you do not register during the extension period you have been given.
They will take enforcement action against you if you do not register after your extension period.
- Review your current activities as a business that is required to re-registered as a Waste Carrier, Broker or Dealer to understand whether the Environment Agency’s RPS 208 applies to your organisation and activities as a compliance obligation.
- If RPS 208 applies to your activities to ensure that you comply with its conditions during the interim period: 25 March – August 2018.
- Check back with the Environment Agency in August 2018 to review whether RPS 208 still applies as this is their review date for this RPS.