On the day (15 September 2015) that ISO 14001:2015 is finally published, now, is a good opportunity to reflect on the body of information and guidance that is available from national standards bodies, accreditation bodies, certification bodies, professional institutes & a selection of large and small environmental consultancies.
Whether you are trying to make sense of the variety of views on the final version of the revised International Standard, prepare for your transition or to keep up with the latest developments in Environmental Management Systems (EMS), there is a lot of information out there on the Internet but with no clear coordinated, source for the content.
Taking that as my start point (and challenge), I undertook research on the readily available resources to gauge the extent of ISO 14001:2015 information and to record my research for your download, so that you will not have to trawl across the Internet.
Firstly, a few caveats to the reading of my review document:
- My research has been aimed at the available resources that are published in English and readily accessed through search engines, such as Google and Bing.
- The main focus has been on information presented in a downloadable format, such as an Adobe Acrobat (pdf), Microsoft PowerPoint presentation or similar document.
- Knowledge leaders, such as national standards bodies, accreditation bodies, certification bodies, professional institutes and a selection of large and small environmental consultancies have been cited to provide a well-rounded review of the development and transition to ISO 14001:2015.
- Individual web blogs and posts are not listed as there are too many such resources to be able to catalogue in one clear and concise document.
- Finally, my research, whilst extensive, may not have covered every ISO 14001:2015 resource on the Internet, so if you know of a White Paper, Fact Sheet or article that provides clearly, presented information & that is not overtly marketing material, then I welcome an e-mail to update the review.
I hope that the review of the current ISO 14001:2015 resources helps you in your transition journey and welcome any feedback.
The Review can be downloaded from here.