Following the earlier posts of the Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS), the initial approved ESOS Lead Assessor registers has been published by the Environment Agency.
Although, not all of the registers will be able to accept applications at present as they may have to confirm their application processes with the Environment Agency over the coming weeks. For potential ESOS Lead Assessors, there is an option to consider whether to become a member of one of the approved registers by keeping up-to-date with developments on their webpages or to express an interest in being informed when the application process is available.
Each register will have its own specific membership requirements. It should be noted that all ESOS Lead Assessors must meet the acceptance criteria for whichever register you choose to join. Each of the approved registers have demonstrated that the membership criteria will provide assurance that individuals have suitable alignment to the competencies outlined in PAS51215, which is the new standard that sets out the required competency levels of a lead energy assessor for the scheme.
Once the registers are fully up and running, the webpages of the approved registers will contain:
- Information about how to apply to be an approved lead energy assessor
- Contact details for approved individuals who are wishing to offer their services to third parties.
When there are approved lead assessors available, these will be listed on the webpage of the approved register so that participating organisations can search for a suitable ESOS Lead Assessor. It should be noted that it is a participant’s responsibility to select a lead energy assessor, who has the necessary experience for their business, as when employing any subcontractor to do work for your organisation.
The list of approved registers can be found on at:
- Association of Energy Engineers – Certified Energy Auditor-International CEA-I
- Association of Energy Engineers – Certified Energy Manager International (CEM-I)
- Elmhurst Energy Systems – Elmhurst Approved ESOS Lead Assessor
- Energy Institute (EI) – Chartered Energy Manager
- Energy Institute (EI) – Register of Professional Energy Consultants (RPEC)
- Institution of Chemical Engineers – Register of Chartered Chemical Engineers (MIChemE/FIChemE) ESOS LEA
- Inteb – Inteb ESOS Register
- Quidos – ESOSRegister.com
- Stroma Certification Ltd – ESOS Lead Energy Assessor Certification
- The Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) – The CIBSE Low Carbon Consultant (LCC) Register, ESOS Lead Assessor Subset
- The Energy Managers Association – EMA Energy Saving Opportunity Scheme Lead Assessor Register
- The Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment – Environmental Auditor & Full membership of IEMA (ESOS Lead Assessor Subset)
- The Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment – Principal Environmental Auditor (ESOS Lead Assessor Subset)