The IAF (International Accreditation Forum) has published four key documents highlighting the CertSearch database developed for use of Accreditation Bodies, Certification Bodies and Users of Certification including Accredited Certificate Holders and their Customers.
Previous posts (IAF to Establish an Database of Accredited Management Systems Certifications and IAF Study may lead to global database of Management Systems certificates) provided the background to the development of an IAF Database of Management System Certificates.
To access relevant information on accredited certifications held by their suppliers or partners within their supply chain.
To be able to access relevant data to develop and target their accreditation assessment of certification bodies.
To be able to access data of relevant data for their monitoring and enforcement work, such as the UK’s Environment Agency to be able to access the status of the ISO 14001:2015 accredited certification of regulated businesses.
Government / NGOs / Academia
To be able to access reliable data on accredited certification for research and policy development, such as the extent of businesses using Environmental Management Systems based on ISO 14001:2015
The documents available are:
- Certification Body Guide providing a detailed guide on the system and its structure
- Certification Body Brochure covering a summary action list with milestones for the delivery of IAF CertSearch on 16 May 2019
- Certified Entity Flyer is a short guide that introduces the system to Accredited Certification Users
- Legitimate Interest Assessment & Summary is a document describing compliance to the requirements of the European Union’s GDPR
Additionally, Audio Visual resources can be found on the YouTube channel – IAF CertSearch
- Review the implications on your business, such as the greater availability of ISO 14001 accredited certification data or the availability of your accredited-certifications being accessed by third-parties to understand how the IAF database may affect your business.
- Consider the opportunities for using of the IAF database within your business.
- Check back for further updates on the development of the IAF database in the late Summer / Autumn 2019 based on its current developmental programme.