Until June 2015, Eco Innovation Grants are being made available for anyone implementing an ISO 14001 or ISO 50001 management system subject to qualifying criteria.
Grants for Eco Innovation is a new scheme, funded by The European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), and developed for businesses to promote an innovative green product or service, or to implement process changes that will result in a reduction in waste, water and energy efficiency or CO2.
The scheme enables qualifying businesses are able to apply for a grant of up to £3,000 to bring the product or services to market.
The Grant funding can be used to support:
- development of an environmental management system
- ISO 14001 certification
- development of an energy management system
- ISO 50001 certification
- development of a corporate social responsibility policy
- environmental consultancy
- and other supported eco-activities.
In order to qualify for grant funding businesses must be:
- be a small to medium-sized enterprise employing fewer than 250 employees
- be based in the South East of England including, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Kent and Medway, Oxfordshire, Surrey and Sussex
- ambitions to become more environmentally aware.
Further information on the Eco Innovation Grant can be found at their website here