Following my earlier post regarding the Environment Agency’s Guidance Complying with the Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (see Environment Agency Guidance: Complying with ESOS), the Environment Agency are seeking to keep large undertakings and Lead Assessors updated on the Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS).
The first issue covers basic facts about ESOS, namely the £ equivalent values of the Euro value for the Turnover (€50m = £38,937,777) & Balance Sheet (€43m = £33,486,489) & describes clarification given in the Environment Agency’s Guidance: Complying with the Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme in the following areas based on their response to helpdesk queries:
- the scope of ESOS
- the qualification criteria with respect to overseas undertakings and UK establishments
- the application of ESOS to trusts
- determination of corporate groupings
- calculation of total energy consumption
- auditing approach for the construction sector
- notification requirements
- the approach to site visits
- the treatment of assets purchased or disposed of after the qualification date and before the compliance date
- the extent of inclusion of transport energy
- liability for compliance in cases of disaggregation
- what records to keep in your evidence pack.
A copy of the first Newsletter can be downloaded here.
If you want to keep up-to-date with the developments in ESOS, I recommend registering your interest in subscribing to the Environment Agency’s ESOS Newsletter by sending an e-mail to email@example.com