As you will be aware ISO 14001, the International Standard for environmental management systems is undergoing a major revision building on the current 2008 version.
Part of the major revision is the integration of Management Systems Standards (MSS) into a common format derived from Annex SL with the changes include:
- The introduction of terms, definitions, headings and text to be used across all management systems standards
- Strengthening the links with, leadership and responsibility by, top management
- A greater understanding of the scope and context of the organisation with respect to interested parties
- Effects on the organization from the environment (climate change) as well as the traditional impact of the organisation on the environment
- Increased emphasis on the organization’s value chain, and consideration of outsourced processes
The standard is moving closer to completion in 2015 with the latest draft is available to buy online and for commenting until 31 October 2014.
The proposed workshop is an opportunity to hear, first hand, from United Kingdom environmental experts & UK representatives of the ISO 14001 working group, who will talk through the new standard.
The workshop will be, particularly, suited to:
- Gain early understanding of what the new standard will look like
- Take part in key areas of discussion and contribute to the UK view
- Question those actively participating in the drafting and development of the new standard
- Address concerns about how ISO 45001 may impact on organizations currently certified to OHSAS 18001
- Discover challenges faced by business currently certified to OHSAS ISO 18001
The workshop will be held on Tuesday 18 November 2014 (10:00-15:00) at the Clerkenwell Centre, 61 Lever Street, London EC1V 3AR & booking for the workshop is available at http://bit.ly/1sMWecG