The international body for Accreditation, the International Accreditation Forum *IAF) has published their strategic plan for 2015 onwards towards 2020.
Readers will recall that accreditation by the National Accreditation Bodies (NABs), such as UKAS, ANAB, RvA, is governed by the IAF Mandatory Documents on the conduct of the NABs and their oversight of Conformity Assessment Bodies (also known as Certification / Registration bodies).
Given that the Management System Standards, such as ISO 14001, ISO 9001 and ISO 45001 are being revised over the next few years the this strategic plan gives some clarity on the focus for accreditation and accredited certification over the latter part of this decade.
The strategic plan covers the following high level strategic direction:
- To achieve more efficient expansion of the IAF MLA to meet the needs of the market
- To improve the peer evaluation process, including ensuring the availability of competent peer evaluator resources at the international and regional level
- To promote wider acceptance of accreditation, including accredited conformity assessment results, and the IAF MLA by major stakeholders e.g. regulators and end users
- To improve consistency of accreditation practices among ABs
- To facilitate the development of accreditation in developing economies by increasing support to the developing ABs/Regions
- To reduce the duplication and variation of work between IAF and Regional Groups
A copy of the full report can be downloaded from http://bit.ly/1r0WPYt